Sunday, December 18, 2022

The Knobs

I drive a company vehicle while at work, every day. I has been like this from the beginning but there has been ups and downs and I've written about them. There's no doubt that I'd rather to be in the office and drive no vehicle but it's not that easy! I'm hired for the site work. 
The vehicles we drive, the company trucks, perhaps I should say, they're all old. They have been driven all around the country on different project site for years. The truck I've been driving has more than 200,000 Km on it. Its heat system broke last week and I took it to the mechanic shop and gave me another one instead. Same thing! Has more than 200,000 Km on it! However looks better. It has a nice screen with all the info. you need and the gear changing is done through a knob. 
That knob, though, became a problem! I had driven knob-controlling vehicles before and liked it a lot but this ones gear knob is in such a proximity to the radio knob and climate knob! I've been lucky that I haven't made a catastrophic mistake because unlike a normal driver, I like to play with the knob a lot! And of course you need to reverse and stop. Also you turn the music down or crank the heat up. I've been really close to do something really bad, such as putting it in reverse, while driving and wanted to turn the volume up! Not such an interesting story but still wanted to say it! Interesting to experience though! 
(Photo: The vehicle's 3 knobs. From left: Gear, audio volume and climate control)

No comments: