Friday, December 16, 2022

The PM

I was going back to the office from the site the other day and I saw someone near the main entrance. I couldn't recognize who he was from the distance and it was dark. I realized that it was our P. M. when I got close.  I asked him if he had forgotten his fob and he said he hasn't. I let him in and was about to go up when he called me. I turned back and I saw he had his arm extended! He said that it was nice working with me! I shock his hand and I asked him weather he was leaving. He said that it had not been his choice! 
What kind of people let their P. M. go just less than 2 weeks to Christmas?! I interacted with the man a few time and he was a good guy. He always was patient and reasonable man. I saw how he shut up the client representative who had a meaningless request and I saw how he corrected a stupid contractor. 
I now there was challenges which cause some people to work up to 01:00 AM a number of days back in late summer but was that too serious to cause the P. M. to lose his job and ask to leave the company shortly before Christmas?! 
Of course there must have been other things that I'm not aware of. I've seen the V. P. at the site a few times. One of the Directors regularly visits and Client have multiple fellas over often. There's been talks about another project that we're supposed to work on and seem it will be assigned to some other company. 
With all that said, I was really upset when he said goodbye. If it was an asshole like the Tote Lover, I wouldn't mind. Hope he gets himself together fast and be fine. 
(Photo: The P. M. on a project, usually, not always, has an assistant to help him to stay on the project schedule and the guy works with a software. I never saw it on this project and that is probably because the company does not believe in investing on one extra staff to get something out of it although I have seen people hanging out, most of their time and get paid!)

No comments: