Sunday, December 16, 2018

Asian Buffet (Calgary)

The Brave contacted me last week and invited me to join them for their Christmas gala. This was the second time that I had been invited by him and since I didn't go the first time, I thought that would be rude this time and accepted to go. Besides I didn't have anything to do. The only problem was that I had a big plate of Pasta that afternoon and the supper would start at around 06:00 at Asian Buffet
I, at first, had a difficulty to find the place but eventually reached there at around 06:20 and the reserved table was full. 
The place is actually not nice but it was packed considering being buffet and it was not just Asians. People from every background, almost, were stuffing themselves! The food is actually mediocre. Despite the fact that it was a weekend and on weekends food finishes faster, none of the food tasted fresh to me and they were mostly deep fried in multiple time used disgusting oil! 
I, at first, didn't feel hungry at all and thought I should just have some Ice Cream. There's a big Ice Cream section in the buffet. It didn't taste bad but again it could be cheap Ice Cream. Ice Cream, most of the time tastes good because all you taste is just sugar, most of the time! However there're brands of Ice Cream in the market that I don't buy and I used to make and I will soon. 
I sat and chatted after the Ice Cream and then this fact came to mind: There're engines which start late but when they start, they work well! I felt hungry after a few minutes and I think that was the damn sugar kicking in! I went to the buffet and grabbed some food. One thing you should know, if you're going there is that they also cock for you on the spot. There're raw ingredients that you can select and give it to the chef and he cooks them for you before your eyes. That however is not appealing to me because I hate Noodles! The Brave got something from the raw section though. 
The place is a rundown building with Asians staff, of course, eating and drinking while working! The decor is hideous and the place is drowning in garbage and filth! I haven't been to any of those nasty Southeast Asian countries such as Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia and such but from what I've seen in video clips, the so-called Asian Buffet is no different but hey who cares! Poor people who tend to give themselves a leg up on a weekend come and stuff them with these type of trash and of course The Brave who was hosting more than 25 people couldn't find a better place to gather them all and not to pay too much. Do I recommend the place? Only if you want to go for the above reasons! Will I go there ever again and spend money? Most likely never! Just looking at the people there makes me sick! Not to mention the disgusting venue and the bad food!
(Photo: The food, deceivingly[!] look good but the real goodness would come out after you ate it! Many criticize me for complaining too much about food and I guess they're right. There're many other factors involved in one's health. Food is only one of them) 

No comments: