Thursday, December 27, 2018

The Boxing Day Walk

After disappointment over my walk in Christmas Day, I decided to walk on Boxing Day to test myself for the possible upcoming hike. This time I went out in the evening and selected Downtown. Boxing Day is a spending day for the majority of people in Canada. I only shopped grocery though! 
I started my walk at about 18:18 and waled towards east on a major road. I don't spend any time in Downtown as I hate traffic, noise, pay parking, homeless and such. For that a number of changes in the area was a surprise to me. Many businesses have been shut down and many more have been replaced. Most of the closed businesses were restaurants. With the minimum wage now gone up to $15 and average people making less money, no wonder restaurants are having a very hard time surviving, particularly the independent ones. I changed my direction and headed south after a while to reach Elbow River. It was not very cold but I think people were tired because of all day shopping and were all home. I managed to walk for 02:00 hours but was tired in the last 20 min. or so. I felt a little pain on my knees and tendons, they were, I believe. 
I was told that there was liquid in my knees when I was examined once in CFLRS clinic. I was told that no surgery would be essential but the knees bother me at time, especially if I sit on the floor and stand up. I don't think I will go anywhere far in New Year's Day but I might exercise a little. I haven't had much chance lately as a result of this disgusting job and laziness as well!
(Photo: This bridge is a replacement for the one which was destroyed during the 2013 flood. It is over Elbow River in Mission neighbourhood of Calgary) 

No comments: