Tuesday, December 25, 2018

My Christmas Day Walk

Weather has sucked, generally, in the past 1 month or so! We barely have seen the real winter of Alberta except for two or maybe three times and they didn't last long. The first time I was in Nevada and wasn't affected at all. This Christmas was not entirely white as everyone wanted. No snow on Christmas Eve. No snow until the evening and it was not much either. 
I decided to have a little walk in the morning and selected Fish Creek Provincial Park. After my disappointing experience in last summer, it sounded not to be such a great choice but I just decided to actually walk on the pathway next to the park, partially parallel to Canyon Meadows Drive.
It appears that someone or possibly a group has spent quite a long time on building this teepee-like shelter here next to the pathway! 
It was cold but not unbearable. I realized that I'm weak now and that's because of the damn job I have, partially. I can't walk as much and as comfortable as I used to. I'm surprised that I did the hike of Telescope Peak with no difficulty! Perhaps the temperature is a factor here. It was almost -6 ℃ during the walk and I was lucky that there was no windchill. It's different from the mild California weather that we had during our hike! The entire walk didn't take more than 01:15 hours while originally I wanted to do at least 02:00 hours. Maybe the next week or New Years Day I can do some good walk or hike.
(Photo: A beautiful view of Fish Creek Provincial Park in winter. I like winter and I like winter walking and hiking)

No comments: