Sunday, December 02, 2018

Palliser Again

I went to Palliser for the first time since 2014 again. Not that it's a big deal or anything but went there to see if I can enjoy good food and a few drinks or not, as I have. The answer is not much! 
It was good though and I met a few people. This time I had been invited by the organization that I have been volunteering for more than 2.5 years. The invitation indicated party and there was no mentioning of dinner or anything. I, first,wanted to be there exactly at the time that they had indicated the party would start but then ended up there nearly hours and quarter (not that it's important!) after the start.
Upon arrival I realized that every guest gets only a ticket for one drink! Of course the hosting organization intended to save money but one drink only?! What's the point? You might as well don't drink at all! I got in and there was no familiar face! I walked around to see if I know anyone and checked out the food. The food, honestly, mostly, were horrible! Spring Roll which tasted like it had been rolled weeks ago! Cheese of different type. Seafood. That was kind of funny and it reminded me of what The Chef had told me once. There's a piece of Shrimp or Fish covering a lump of Rice! If you don't know the history(!) you might mistake that for a whole Shrimp or a piece of Fish! There were piece of Sausage wrapped in pastry which didn't taste bad but of course not healthy! That's what they probably call it Sausage Roll! I ate a little and then decided to get my drink. I got a shot of Vodka on rocks with a wedge of Lemon but that was so small that didn't do it for me(!) particularly because I was eating at the same time! I then saw the organization's president. I recognized him from his photographs that I had seen previously. I approached him and I must say that he made the same move at the same time and shock hands with him. I guess most of the people, in his position, would do the same  or you wouldn't have been the president! We chatted about something that we both have in common(!), sort of, and he at the time introduced his niece, who was a young girl, to me. I then took off and headed to the other end (who needs this much detail!) and that was one I was approached by the V-Work manager. We chatted for a while. Most of the people were there with their with friends, colleagues or people who they knew somehow. I was probably the only one, at the beginning, whom knew no one. So when the manager approached I felt a little better.
Then I was introduced to a couple, by the manager. The lady was in our gathering and after a little chat I realized that she was someone worth talking to! The husband was talking to one of the manager's team members. I was disappointed at the food. Therefore I decided to go and get some dessert and coffee. It was good and felt good too. The rest of the evening was spent on chatting and I took of 10 minutes before the official end, although I doubt such a thing existed. Overall the food and drink was a disappointment but it was good to get out of home and have chat with a few people or as they say socialize. 

No comments: